No products in the cart.
Summer will soon be at a close and Fall is right around the corner. That means Back to School, cooler days, Halloween, and road trips to enjoy the Autumn colors. It also means taking some time to care for your car!
Here are some ideas:
- The days are getting shorter as the angle of the sun shifts. These shorter days mean you rely more on your headlights. Foggy headlights are less effective than clear ones, putting you and your passengers at risk. Pickup Rust-Oleum Wipe New Headlight Restore for just $10 and get crystal clear headlight lenses in just seconds! When you treat and restore your headlight lenses with our Headlight Restore, your headlights will be guaranteed to pass inspection for the life of your vehicle.
- Check your battery – Battery life can be reduced from the extreme summer heat.
- Check your tires – Changing temperatures affect tire pressure. All tires should be filled to their recommended tire pressure and checked for tire wear. Don’t forget to check your spare tire! Be mindful that Fall often means wet leaves on the road, so you want to be sure your tires are up to it.
- Fall is a great time to check your air filters and wiper blades! Ole’ Man Winter comes next – get prepared!
- Avoid parking your car over piles of dry fallen leaves. Your catalytic converter could spark a fire.
- Keep an eye out for deer. Fall is the deer mating season, so the danger of a deer darting onto a road is higher especially at sunrise and sunset. Use Wipe New Headlight Restore to help clear up foggy headlights to see better.
- Fall means back to school, and children are out on the streets earlier in the morning than in the Summer. Take it slow and be mindful of children running in the street.
- Be mindful of the weather. Fall weather conditions can change abruptly. Thunderstorms, sleet, hail, and even snow are not that unusual. Roads covered with a summer’s worth of grease can become slick when wet or covered with early morning frost, so anticipate those conditions and be careful.